Monday, March 9, 2009

Watchmen

As many of you already know The Watchmen came out this Friday. Unfortunately I couldn't see it opening day so I had to wait till Saturday. Since I already read the novel, I knew the whole storyline and there was little suspense. My girlfriend on the other hand didn't know anything about the movie, so it was hard for her to follow. The many flashbacks were definitely confusing and there were a lot of parts that were left out. However, if they had tried to fit in everything from the novel the movie would probably be a good five hours long. The costumes were definitely on point though and they did a great job of matching the movie with the novel.






My opinon: great movie for people who have read the novel.
For those who didn't? It's just going to be a confusing three hours.

-PeeWee

5 comments:

  1. I didn't read the book before I saw the movie, so there was no way for me to become disappointed with the adaptation to screen so I really enjoyed it. But wow, there were some weird music selections.

    The people who I went with who had read the book, felt there were some great scenes but were disappointed that the book's ideas of not having a distinct good vs. evil were not represented in the movie's ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to read the book and compare or just stick with your film critique? I heard it was wack if you didn't read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the movie was kinda a let down for me, i just read the book. they left so much out, as most book to movies do.

    but for the weird music selection...
    in the book they quote those songs at the end of every chapter, so it was a nod to the quotes/book in a neat way.. but i think that they didnt fit in the movie. cool concept but didnt really work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this movie wasnt a dark knight, the sex scene was nice to watch

    ReplyDelete
  5. to C

    Seeing the movie only made me want to read the book even more, and I'm reading it now.

    ReplyDelete

Leave feedback here.