Thursday, March 12, 2009

Youth Novel

When I first heard about this young lady, I had no idea how to pronounce her name, Nor did I think she was Swedish. I heard her voice and The thought of what she looked like perplexed me any time her voice pierced my EarDrums.
Her name is Lykke Li no lie, her shit is Fire MANG! Her beats match her rhythm, her voice matches her atitude... and word on the street she has a thing for black dudes! Holla at Ya GWALLA Miss. Li!!



Her Album Youth Novel is out now! suggest you hop on her as soon as possible!
it is produced by Björn Yttling of Peter Bjorn and John and Lasse Mårtén, it is rather experimental and dreamy, fitting her light airy vocals to a tee.
In an album awash in brilliance, standouts include "Dance dance dance" (tapped percussion and strummed percussion, a squidgy Sax solo building to a nice choir finale), the sunny "I'm good, I'm gone" (with a killer chorus and lovely keyboard flourishes), the acoustic/Pop "Let it fall", the lilting Jazz/Folk "Little Bit" (which wouldn't sound out of place on a Kings of Convenience CD), the stark yet astonishingly beautiful ballad "Hanging high", the acoustic spoken largely instrumental "This trumpet in my head" (of course daintily adorned with trumpet playing), the buzzing Björk-like "Complaint department", the hand clap-filled Jazzy/Synth number "Breaking it up", and the brooding, almost hymnal closing number "Window blues" (with haunting harmonies).
...GOHARD...

2 comments:

  1. a little bit goes toooo hard

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is fantastic!! isten to her a Bon Iver for the song dance dance dance. wicked

    ReplyDelete

Leave feedback here.